Ingredients of this recipe:
2 Cup Tuvar Dal
1/2 tsp Haldi (Turmeric)
3 Red Chilles
1 tsp Sambhar powder
1 pinch Hing
2 tsp Mustard
1/4 tsp Tamarind paste
2 tblsp Vegetables washed & chopped ( Drumstick,Green Pepper, Eggplant, Okra)
Green Chilles to taste
Few Curry Leaves
Salt to taste
Method to make this recipe
- Cook tuvar daal with haldi and water and keep aside.
- Cook the vegetables in water enough to soften them and add haldi and salt.
- When vegetables are cooked add tamarind paste.
- Heat some oil in a pan, splutter mustard, add red chillies, green chillies,
curry leaves, hing, and sambhar powder and keep stiring for few minutes.
- Add this to the boiling vegetables.
- Add the tuvar daal and let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Sambhar is ready to be served with dosa, idli or vada.